Monday, October 7, 2013

The One Where God Answers Prayers

September 30, 2013

This email is going to be a whole lot less about how missionary work is blessing my investigators and a whole lot more about how my investigators are blessing me. But, of course, I need to start with some highlights from this week/some of my inner thoughts:

 1. The Relief Society broadcast was great right!
2. I’ve never felt more out of place than being in an English church meeting though.  It was so weird. I felt judged like the whole time -- probably because I was talking really loud and walking around the congregation to hug people every 5 minutes--things that are TOTALLY acceptable and widely practiced in Hispanic braches.  I love Hispanic wards more than anything, man.
3. I definitely knocked a door this week and when they said they weren’t interested, I asked if it was okay if we took a picture of a bug that was sitting on their house. So, I think it is safe to say that I am a million times weirder than I was when I left for my mission....if that is even possible.
Okay, but to talk about the title of this email.
Missionary work is the greatest thing in the whole entire world. It brings so much joy.  But, it is also so hard.  I’m not a great missionary. I am no Alma or Amulek or Ammon.  [The Lord's tender mercies this week] were such GREAT MANIFESTATIONS of God's love for me. 
This is the work of Salvation. The Salvation of God's children. I am an inadequate vessel to be doing a work that is so important. For heaven’s sake I bear the name of our PERFECT Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. But, God calls upon the weak things of the world. I think that is what I learned this week.
I testify that the Lord answers our prayers. I can’t imagine how sad it makes the Lord when we don’t feel comfortable trusting in Him for comfort or guidance. How terrible of us. How terrible of me.
ENJOY CONFERENCE. Go with a prayer in your heart--something specific. Seek for revelation. You will find it.
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment