Thursday, July 11, 2013

The One With the Poison Ivy -- July 8, 2013




Hermana Parry y Hermana Burnham
 
So Hna Parry and I got poison ivy this week, haha. We had had a pretty crazy day and we were at a loss of things to do when we saw a family doing yard work. We thought "YES. Finally! A service opportunity!"  We got out of our car and asked if we could help.  They said yes and then the husband was like ,"No no! Muy pica!"  We thought like it had thorns or something, but shoot, someone had finally accept our help we were not going to pass up that service opportunity.  So we were like "No! No big deal!" So, we just start helping carry these piles of bushes to a giant fire. As we were finishing, we learned that one of the girls actually spoke English (thank you ma’am for not letting us know BEFORE) and was like,  "Come in and wash your arms off so your rashes don’t get too bad."  We are like, "Wait, what?" She says, "Yeah, all of that was poison ivy…"    
 
............................................yupp.......................................................thank you kind strangers. However, a tender mercy from the Lord, neither of us had rashes. I had one on my arm, but it was gone by morning. We were PLENTY itchy, but no rashes. So that happened this week.
 
I think that is about all.  Transfers are coming up and we think Hna Parry is leaving, but I am praying she doesn’t.  I love her too much – ahhh what will I do without her!?
 
I love you all! Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment