Monday, May 12, 2014

The One from Canyon Lakes


May 12, 2014


Hna Jensen and Hna Burnham
 

Canyon Lakes is now my home. Here is my address:

15503 FM529 #423
Houston, TX 77095
 
Write me stuff :) 

Let me give you a run down on Canyon Lakes and my first few days in this area: 

Great place. Back in the city. Big ward. Solid members. The area is 85% Hispanic. Everyone speaks English though. The most Hispanic diversity that I have seen (I met someone from the D.R! [Dominican Republic]). Not as much poverty as I have seen in my last 3 areas (which is strange because Woodlands was such a rich area; but, there was a GREAT divide).   

People here are pretty established. There is a LOT of work to be done. A man kissed me this week.  Hna Jensen, my new comp, is just wonderful!! She graduated HS the year AFTER me, so I feel very, very old.  I have never had a companion that isn't from CA (5) or UT (3). She is from Utah.  

It is hot. The dreaded summer is upon us. Everything and anything you would ever need is found in this area. I live within 2 miles of a Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Kroger, every restaurant known to man, Home Depot, banks . . . I mean EVERYTHING.  

Here is a funny little story from last night: 

We ate last night with the T family. They have 4 children under the age of 5. E is 4 and we were talking with him while sitting at the dinner table.  He says:  "A (his 3 year-old brother) doesn't believe in Jesus Christ."  *stifled laughter*  "Why is that E?"  "Because he doesn't pray every night." 

What prophetic words from a 4 year-old. Do you believe in Jesus Christ?  Or,  in other words . . . are you praying every night?
Food for thought, eh? :)

Much Love,
Hna B 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment