Monday, April 21, 2014

The One Where Pat and Hannah Showed Up At My House


April 20, 2014

Patrick, Hannah and Maeve Hervey!
 

My title speaks for itself—ya’ll are the best.  Nobody else get any big ideas! Only Patrick and Hannah are allowed to show up at my house from now on [mostly because of Maeve ;)].
 
This week was so amazing!  We are having so many amazing miracles here in the Woodlands—just one after the other. This week we were walking down the street and a woman just yells "Quieras coka?" I reply:  "Claro!" We walk to her birthday party and greet her family of like 20 people. [She says:] "Cual quieras mi vida?  y cuando va a regresar para ensenarme?"  [When are you coming back to teach me?] Whenever you want, ma’am! Stuff like that has just been happening like crazy and it has been so miraculous.

I also got a free Coke (I never drank coke before my mission. . . . If you eat spicy food, you must have a coke to go with it.  That is just a way of life.  If chicken, rice, beans and chile are presented, a coke, as well, must be presented. Rule #3674 of life.) 

Onto a different note: There is a woman I know who did some things she shouldn’t have done and had to go through the repentance process(who she is and what she did aren’t important.) She has lived the last 2 years of her life in complete dedication to the Lord and His church. She has been completely faithful and active. She has also lived the last 2 years of her life without the sacrament and without being able to participate in any way at church. She feeds us every single week even though she is a single mother with 4 children and limited funds. I love and admire her.  

This week she participated in the sacrament for the first time in 2 years and gave the closing prayer in Sacrament meeting.  My eyes filled with tears as I thought of the power of the Atonement and the role that Jesus Christ plays in our daily lives--the power to cleanse, to make one clean, the heal and to perfect. She came down from the podium and we hugged.  I whispered:  "You did it. Congratulations."  She whispered back: "Thank you. Thank you." 

The Lord lives. Because He lives we can be made whole. We can change. We can be better. There is no greater message that I share with the world every day than that of our Savior.  

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30 

That promise is real. I can testify of it because I have experienced it. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.   

Love, Sister Alivia Burnham
 
We found kittens!

Hno Morales.
This man changed my life. The qualities for my future husband changed from "those listed in the Book of Mormon about Moroni" to "Hno Morales". I met him this week on exchanges in Oakcrest. I adore him.


I just learned that my camera has great editing features!

Hermana Burnham y Hermana McOmber
Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment