Monday, March 24, 2014

The One with the Pollen


March 24, 2014
 
Pollen Puddle

Hermana Burnham (center), Hermana Hoj (yellow), and Hermana McOmbre (white scarf)
I do not know the other two Hermanas
 
 This email is going to be all over the place. What's new?  

1. If you have allergies, shoot, even if you have never had allergies in your life, I would not suggest moving to Texas. This week was defined by pollen.  Pollen everywhere.  I kid you not, our car turned from red to yellow this week. The pollen fairies came by and heavily sprinkled pollen on every surface visible.  Sometimes it even rains and you would think that would calm the pollen. Oh no, this pollen can’t be calmed, my friends, it just becomes pools of pollen throughout the streets.  It looks like giant puddles of chalk, but it isn’t; it is pollen. 

2. Amber, thank you for the Girl Scout cookies!! I got those two weeks ago and realized yesterday that I had not given you a shout out! How terrible of me! THANK YOU!!! 

3. A member in our ward has a son who came home from college for spring break. I saw him at a ward activity and proceeded to stare at him for a solid 5 minutes (probably creeped him out a little bit).  I swore I recognized him and knew who he was until I realized where I recognized him from: HE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE FREDDY FROM i-CARLY. Spitting image, people. Spitting. Image.
 
4. Our awesome miracle of the week is W.  W is a man we tried to find when I first got to this area. He was an old investigator from our area book. He had been to church like 4 times (miracle) and he seemed totally golden. We went to his house annnd he didn’t live their anymore.  It was a white family.  Dang.   

Well, fast forward 1 month and we knock into a woman named J.  This woman just happens to know a Hermana in our ward and so she let us in. We talked with her for about 10 minutes and have been trying to meet with her again ever since.  

Fast forward 2 months. This week we went to try and see J. We walk up and there is a man washing his car and we ask if J is home. He goes inside and gets J. We talk to her, she says she is busy, so we set a return appointment. This man was then sitting in his garage. We start to walk away and I just wave and say "mucho gusto!" -- as we walk past their driveway to get to our car.  Once we had passed the driveway and had almost gotten to our car we hear him yell:  "Son Mormones?"  I turn around and . . . being the person I am, I reply, "Claro. yyyy usted es Catholico?"  ("Hey, are you Mormons? Yeah, are you Catholic?") He laughed and walked up to us and said, "No. I don’t have a religion, but I did meet with some missionaries a few years ago. I went to your church a lot, too."
 
After we had confirmed that they were Mormon missionaries, and it was in fact our church he had attended, I asked for his name as I reach out to shake his hand.  He smiled and said:   "W. R.”   WE FOUND W! A golden, old investigator now living (as friends; Julia has a husband) with a potencial!? AHHHHHH. He was like:  "They just stopped coming, but I still want to go to church. When are you going to come back to my house?"  Setting up his own return appointment?  We will take it!  The Lord is so good to us! "I ask you . . . have miracles ceased? I say unto you NAY!" 

5. Hna Hoj is getting transferred :((((((( .    I am so SAD!  But, I am excited to take her super comfortable bed, haha.  She is one of my very best friends from the mission and I am going to miss her sooo much; but, she is going to marry Zack and then we are going to be together eternally, so no worries. 

I love you all <3  

"Let the residue continue to preach from that hour, and if they will do this in all lowliness of heart, in meekness and humility, and long suffering, I, the Lord, give unto them a promise that I will provide for their families; and an effectual door shall be opened for them, from henceforth." Doctrine and Covenants 118:3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment