Monday, June 2, 2014

The One with the Announcement

June 2, 2014  

Well, world, I guess I need to officially open the can of worms and tell you all that my release date is: JULY 30, 2014. 

That is real life. And I can’t believe it. I am returning home a little early because of school, but I still haven’t quite wrapped my mind around the concept. I don’t think it will be real until I am on the plane sobbing to the poor, random citizen sharing my aisle trying to explain my woes while offering him/her a Book of Mormon and Restoration pamphlet.  

I just wrote a long, scripturally saturated email and then deleted it. Just everyone come to my homecoming talk and I’ll explain the joys and woes of my mission and how the scriptures helped me...aight? (That about sums up what I had written.) 

Ray: Thank you so much for your letter. It meant very much to me... 

This week was a good one. It is starting to get nice and chilly . . . and by chilly I mean boiling hot . . . here in Texas. We have been busy. The work is going well. I’ve only recieved 2 mosquito bites (knock on wood; I received enough last summer to last me a lifetime and I have the scars to prove it). I can’t complain!  

We had an absolutely wonderful fast and testimony meeting yesterday. I cannot say enough good things about this ward. Seriously they are just remarkable. There was one boy named E who got up to bear his testimony. It goes on the list for one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard. At one point, while absolutely sobbing, he looks at Hna Jensen and me, from the pulpit, and says, "Thank you."   Then turns to the elders and does the same. Then he said:  "Without them, I wouldn’t be here. None of us would be here." How great it is to be a part of this work! I am so grateful that I am here! It has been the absolutely happiest, most wonderful months of my life.  Has it been stinkin’ hard? YES. Have I absolutely wanted to quit? On several occasions; but, I would do it all again. And again. And again--because nothing is better.  

I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment