Thursday, December 19, 2013

The One with the Ward Christmas Party


 December 16, 2013
Doesn't it seem like just yesterday was the ward Thanksgiving Party? Well, Merry Christmas everyone! Christmas is next week people!  WHAT?  What is happening with time!?
This week I hit my 9 month mark. That means I have completed half of my mission—which means I am halfway to dying.  That is what that means. Sighhhhh.
So our ward Christmas party was a lot of fun. There were less people there than we usually have at church (that is like 25 people on a good day).  But, hey, I loved it.  I seriously love this little branch so much, I can’t even tell you. We ate flautas and pozole aka my two favorite foods!  The party was on my nine month mark . . . once again the ward throws a party to celebrate ME! (Let a girl dream.)   We ended the night by breaking into an a cappella "Feliz Navidad." A whole bunch of Hispanic people singing “Feliz Navidad” at the top of their lungs? Could life get any better than that? The answer is no.
I do believe though my favorite part of the week came on Sunday as I sat at the piano in Primary.  I always find Primary a truly edifying experience. This week’s Sharing Time was about the Second Coming. The kids played a matching game and read scriptures about when the Savior comes again. After reading one particular scripture Hna Bayles showed a picture of Christ coming with the angels (you know the one I'm talking about), to which little Lucy exclaimed to Susy:   "He is coming again Susy! He is really coming! We are going to meet Him! I am so excited!"  The little girls hugged and expressed such pure joy at the thought of the returning Messiah. I couldn't help but hold back tears as I witnessed such a pure and childlike expression of trust and faith in the promises given to us by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."  (Matthew 18:3)
I love you all. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment