Monday, December 30, 2013

The Last One from Waller

December 30, 2013

That's right – I am leaving Waller tomorrow morning. I can’t believe it. I am going to miss this place so much.  Waller is such a special place with so many people who I love so much. Ahhhh Waller! My beautiful two story apartment and my jeep!
On that note let me share one cool experience from this week. We went to a lesson with one of our investigators, N, who lives right next to another one of our investigators, A. We have been teaching N for a long time and she has some "hang up" questions that she has been having a hard time getting past. One of those questions is: "Why did Christ need to come to the Americas?" We have explained and explained for many, many lessons about why we have the Book of Mormon and why He came to the Americas. She just didn’t get it. We went to our lesson with her this week and she said: "I was talking to A this week and we were talking about you guys and what we have learned." (Granted, we have only taught A twice.) "She said,'If you had the best news in the world would you only tell one person? Or, would you want to tell everyone? THAT is why He came to America... He had to tell everyone!'" WHAT!  A is a rock star! I was so proud of her!
Thank you so much everyone for the Christmas gifts and letters! Aunt Becky, I loved the Bucees t-shirt; it made me laugh. Plus, there is no way I could leave Waller without a Bucees t-shirt! Calverts, I love the scarf and the CD! Thank you so much.
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment